SPORTS DEPARTMENT MISSION
SPORTS DEPARTMENT OBJECTIVES
- To contribute to the students’ to their mental, physical, and social health.
- To provide for our students the opportunity to participate in the sports activities they like.
- To look for opportunities to participate in inter-school activities and tournaments.
- To promote good sports spirit through teamwork.
- To offer experiences to our students where they can use their critical thinking and decision making when solving problems.
- To promote our student's emotional control, reliability, and respect for rules and authority.
- To promote good academic and sports achievement in our students, stressing self-discipline, sacrifice, and dedication to reach our goals.
- To teach our students loyalty to their school, inspiring them to make their biggest effort to become a pride in our school community.
- To share the knowledge and skills of our coaches and teachers to promote excellence both in the game field and in the classroom.
Each P.E. Teacher and coach at Colegio Inglés strives to promote the following values:
It is a unique experience for our students to play for a school team. The main goal of our program is to provide for our students' experiences to develop positive habits and attitudes.
Acknowledging the intrinsic value in sports, our department provides each student with the opportunity to participate in different school activities and events. Even though our teams will make the best effort to win, the main emphasis will be to promote talent and develop athletic skills. We have a system to make sure that everyone has the opportunity to play, as long as the student complies with team rules. The teams and categories have a moderate emphasis on results and a strong emphasis in promoting effort and good attitude.
When the school participates in highly competitive events, a technical council is assembled to form a Varsity Team, deciding criteria to select students and making the selection.